- AJSU contestant Lambodar Mahto got defeated by only 1344 votes from the JMM candidate.
- This is first time when he has contested election.
- Lambodar Mahto was former Jharkhand Civil Service officer of ADM rank
- He took voluntary retirement to fight election
- Unlike JMM and BJP contestants who had their stalwart leaders for campaigning, there was only state minister, Chandraprakash Choudhary who campaigned for him in Gomia.
Bokaro: AJSU candidate Lambodar Mahto who got defeated by JMM contestant Babita Devi with very less margin of votes in Gomia bypoll. Mahto has contested election for the first time. He was an ex-Jharkhand Civil Service Officer who took volutary retirement to contest Gomia Bypoll.
“It all depend upon blessing of voters, who will win or who will loose. But i am sure and confident being first runner up in this by poll that i will surely success in coming 2019 assembly election,” said Mahto. AJSU is a coalition partner in ruling BJP government. In Gomia bypoll, AJSU broke coalition dharma by fielding candidate. When asked Mahto, he said BJP can’t be blamed for his defeat as every party had its own effort.